Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let's Hope We Never Go Through This Again....

kelly, brenda & donna Pictures, Images and Photos 
But, but you guys are my friends!

Why, hello!

The Lady is easing her way back, having gone through a litany of strange adventures lately - how to sum up many weeks worth of fried green tomatoes, Floridian swamps, Adrian Zmed and Grey Dawn? I'm still workin' on it.......

Tragically (or rather, melodramatically), I've returned to the somewhat disheartening news that SOAPNET will be leaving my beloved TV Lineup, to make way for more kid friendly viewing. How on earth "Days of Our Lives" did not pass muster for the 4 year old demographic, I'll never understand. Fraternal Patriarch certainly never suffered as a result of watching Stefano trap Marlena in a Parisian sewer in the summer of '93. As for the year of demonic possession, I plead the 5th.


Mixed feelings abound regarding this news - Soapnet produced some of the most heinous holiday inspired promos of all time - Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm serious! Regardless, SOAPNET got the Lady through many a trying afternoon while searching for that 'oft far-away place of employment. Episodes of the original "90210" benchmarked the day and certainly satiated any curiosities the Lady might had, including:
  •  How was Hilary Swank's character written off the show?
  • When did they officially jump the shark? Hard to say - I call tie between  Kelly Taylor getting shot in the parking lot of LAX for no apparent reason only to awaken to amnesia WITH Brenda getting arrested for breaking into a science lab to liberate test puppies.
  • Is this why I love Blazers so much?
So I raise my red wine to the sky and say "Fare thee well, sweet Soapnet". The Lady prays she'll never need to seek refuge in your calm and cooling waters again and hopes that someday the incoherent and absurd ramblings of teenage angst might echo through Del-Aire once again.....

1 comment: