Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I thought of you for a job at Waste Management"

HBO Premiere Of "The Sopranos" - Arrivals
This, I imagine, would be Paulie's reaction to my resume at Waste Management.

Occasionally the Lady receives a job suggestion from Domestic Patriarch at which she cannot help but marvel. This vacancy, was for an Administrative Assistant for our local Waste Management service - with notoriously curious, ahem, connections.

Although nothing will compare to that singular UCLA Job which required a candidate to be stoic in the face of apathy, aggression and verbal abuse this one had some bite to it as well:





  • Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;




  • Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;




  • Normal setting for this job is: office setting.



  • Copious use of the word "Rarely" concerns the lady, especially in an office setting!


    Luckily Paulie Walnuts is here to set me straight, even if Garbage is Recession-Proof.

    Fuggedaboudit.


    Fifth Season Premiere of The Sopranos

    1 comment:

    1. Yeah, at that point I'd rather take a job at Starbucks and work my way from the bottom into upper management. I mean, at least you get free coffee.

      ReplyDelete