Saturday, December 12, 2009

"I wasn’t crazy about your choice of fonts"

Puppy wearing party hat
Sniff Sniff  - And, And, I was all ready to celebrate Christmas and everything until I was told I'm a doer not an achiever

That, above, was the penultimate & unsolicited criticism from a charming gal at a particular job hunting website. She also encouraged more "negative space" on my resume, insisting it was too cluttered with words that I like to call "experience". Additional critiques specified that my highlights were superficial and my resume suggested I was more "pudding in a cup" than "Creme Brulee". How dare she attack the Lady's proud crown jewel of tresses!


Oh wait, career highlights. Pish Posh!


And to think, this Lady offered to solve this bland, blase and bourgeois single page document encapsulating my cultural worth for the low low price of $400!


I won't say a few valid points weren't worthy, but it sure was a nice way to cap off a Friday after 2 weeks that included taking Domestic Patriarch to the ER, attending my dying Industry's XMas Party, pulling my beloved right foot's tendon (I walk on it! - Like, Everyday!), Christmas Shopping and knowing that somewhere, this gentle-Lady, Gentle-Woman is not only much more employed than I but in addition will probably be pensioned. A perfumed note-card shall be delivered to Domestic Patriarch for finding that gem. 


Lo, the world is held together by tenuous strings, indeed.


Go Gata!




1 comment:

  1. Negative Space?! FONTS???

    Lordy. I can't even fire off a witty comeback I am too stunned. And kind of offended as I believe I might have helped choose those fonts. Could she not tell from your resume that an aspect of your former position included CHOOSING FONTS??

    Inhale deeply, exhale completely.

    And P.S. - Jello Puddin' Snaks are nottin to be 'shamed of.

    ReplyDelete