Friday, November 6, 2009

Smelling Salt Cinema : Beyond the Chick Flick



The Lady does love a good flick now and again. What better way to pass your time than to slide into the magical realm of cinematic escapism? And well, if vintage 80s John Cusack, mumbling Hugh Grant or super-swell Robert Downey Jr. are there to accompany your journey, far be it from me to protest!

I also love movies so bad they're FANTASTIC.

Thinking isn't too bad either, and I like it when movies make me do that too. Furrowing that brow from time to time doesn't always cause us to pass out in distress.

So with tongue in cheek, I'll call my movie notes "Smelling Salt Cinema" - an attempt to maybe bring some attention to the classics of yesteryear and those overlooked gems that might get the brain cells moving. And in keeping with the spirit of Le Recession, consider us at the mercy of Turner Classic Movies, Fox Movie Channel, IFC, Sundance and Netflix.

The fainting couch won't be necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment